Synonym: [1,3-Bis(2,4,6-trimethylphenyl)imidazol-2-ylidene]copper(I) chloride
CAS Number 873779-78-3
Formula : C21H24ClCuN2
Molecular Weight : 403.43 g/mol
Form: white powder
Melting point/range: 273 - 277 °C
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Recommended storage temperature: 2 - 8 °C
Heat sensitive. Store under inert gas.
Precautions for safe handling:
Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed.
• Hydroboration of terminal alkynes
• Click reaction of azides with terminal alkynes
• Hydrosilylation of ketones and azide-alkyne cycloadditions
• Regioselective boron addition to internal alkynes
• Methylenation-Diels-alder cyclization
Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Synthesis, Copper Catalysts
May be harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if absorbed through skin. May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.